Teachers and Faculty
Our teachers and administrators at Vail Christian Academy are passionate about Christian education and raising a generation of well-rounded students. The faith and dedication of our teachers makes them a pivotal asset to our school community.
“And I have filled him with the spirit of God, with wisdom and understanding and knowledge in all manner of work.”
Mrs. Corky Evans
Kindergarten & First Grade
- Mrs. Evans has been teaching at VCA since 2013
- Graduated from Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado with a degree in Elementary Education
- Trained in Orton-Gillingham multi-sensory language instruction and recently trained in Orton-Gillingham Math instruction
- Lives in Edwards with her husband Mike and son Ollie
- Loves skiing, hiking and anything outdoors
Mrs. Amy Alexander
- Mrs. Alexander started teaching in 1991 and has been at VCA since 1997
- Attended Westmont College where she earned her K-8 Education degree
- Orton-Gillingham trained in explicit multisensory language instruction
- Lives in Edwards with husband Eric and twin daughters Karis and Aralyn
- Enjoys leading worship, road and mountain biking, Nordic and alpine skiing, and loves being a wife, mom, and teaching others about Jesus.
Mrs. Allison Hansen
Third & Fourth Grade
- Mrs. Hansen started teaching in 2004 – started working at VCA in 2014
- Graduated from National Louis University in Chicago, IL with a BA in Elementary Education with a minor in Sociology
- Originally from Saratoga Springs, New York and currently lives in Gypsum with her husband Chad and three boys Wyatt, Jaxon, Walker.
- Loves to travel with her family, ski, golf, camp, shop, and paint. Loves traveling to Mesa Verde & The Great Sand Dunes
Ms. Kristen Hubler
- Miss Hubler has been teaching at VCA since 2015.
- She received a BS in Early Childhood Education and a BS in Biblical Studies from Cairn University.
- Originally from New Jersey, but choose the mountains over the beach
- She was voted most likely to win “The Great British Baking Show” by everyone that has tried her cupcakes.
Ms. Paige Clark
Upper Academy History & Reading
- Ms. Clark has been teaching at VCA since 2016
- Attended the University of Colorado Boulder and graduated with degrees in Humanities and Art History
- She was born and raised in the Vail Valley
- Passionate about youth ministry and missionary work
- Enjoys long backpack trips, traveling the world and reading any good book she can find
Mrs. Stacey Fischer
UA Math & US History
- Mrs. Fischer has been teaching at VCA since 1996
- Received her K – 8 teaching degree from Moorhead State University, in Moorhead, Minnesota
- Lives in Gypsum with her husband Mike and three children Grant, Garrett and Grace
Mrs. Connie Melzer
Upper Academy Grammar
- Mrs. Melzer started teaching at VCA in 2016
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Education from Colorado Mesa University
- Originally from Louisiana and moved to the Vail Valley in 1999
- Married in 2001 to her husband Chris, they live in Gypsum with their three kids Cody, Anna Claire and Eli
- Her family enjoys camping and spending time together outdoors
Mrs. Suzanne “Coach J” Johnson
K-8 Physical Education
Upper Academy Bible
- Coach J has been teaching at VCA since 2015
- Earned her K-12 Physical Education degree from Southeast Missouri State University
- Lives in Edwards with her husband Evan and dog Champ
- Her hobbies include exploring God’s beautiful creation through camping, hiking, and biking. In addition, she is willing to take on any challenger in Spikeball.
Mrs. BobbiJo Barela
K-8 Reading Specialist
- Started teaching in 2007 and has been teaching at VCA since 2017
- Graduated from Mesa State College with degrees in Reading and Education
- Lives in Gypsum with her husband Will and three kids Zoey, Kendall and Nolan
- Loves spending time with her family four-wheeling in the mountains, exercising and reading
Mrs. Wendy Greshko
- Mrs. Greshko has been teaching Art at VCA since 2016
- Attended Ferris State University in Michigan and earned a Visual Communication degree from the Business School
- Lives in Edwards with her husband Justin and three kids Aletheia, Lily and Emmett
- Mrs. Denissen started working for VCA in August, 2004
- Graduated from Hollins University in Roanoke, Virginia in 1982 where she studied Art History and Fine Art. Also attended Parsons School of Design in New York in1984 where she studied Graphic and Advertising Design
- Grew up in Summit, New Jersey and moved to Edwards, Colorado in 1986. Her son Kelby went to VCA from Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
- Mrs. Denissen’s favorite place is the coast of Maine She loves sailing, gardening, cooking and reading
- Mrs. O’Brien has been working for VCA since it was Eagle Valley Christian Academy in 2004
- Holds a Business Degree in Accounting
- Been in the Vail Valley since 1990 and lives in Edwards
- All five of Mrs. O’Brien’s kids attended VCA
- Enjoys hiking, biking, running, skiing, golfing, tennis and watching her youngest son play high school sports
- Mr. Lyle has served at VCA for many years in various ways, and is currently serving as the interim headmaster
- He lives in Edwards with his lovely wife Kelly and two beautiful daughters Shannon and Ryan
We’re looking for substitute teachers to help our team. Check out this opportunity!
We’re hiring! Please return completed applications to Mindy Denissen in our main office!